Te Ara Pūkenga Ngāti Ranginui Iwi Scholarship
– To support Māori rangatahi in their kura journey to remove barriers to their educational aspirations.
– To connect Māori rangatahi with the aspirations and Mātauranga of Ngāti Ranginui Iwi.
– Financial support of up to $10,000 for 2024 to tertiary education students
– Annual wānanga with Ngāti Ranginui representatives, tertiary students, graduated rangatahi
– Year 13 going into tertiary education
– To be available to attend wānanga each year to help inspire tauira Years 10 – 12
– who would be honoured to receive support to become the future Ngāti Ranginui leaders and or Rangatahi Māori of tomorrow with the privilege to understand and embody Ngāti Ranginui tikanga, mātauranga, hitori, te mea te mea te mea.
The nomination process:
-be supported by whānau
-Complete the form
-Return to Te Whare Mātauranga o Ngāti Ranginui
-Successfully complete the selection process
Applications are open now! For an application or more information please call the office 07 777 0410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā Mātarae Scholarship
The Trustees of Ngā Mātarae Charitable Trust are pleased to offer the Ngā Mātarae Scholarship Programme. The Trust is a partnership between the Port of Tauranga and Tauranga Iwi with the primary purpose to promote the wellbeing of Te Awanui Tauranga Harbour. Applicants intending to undertake study in a discipline that will benefit the wellbeing of the harbour and who are descendants of Tauranga Moana iwi (Ngāti Ranginui, Ngāi Te Rangi and Ngāti Pūkenga) are invited to apply.
Turirangi Te Kani Memorial Scholarship
In recognition of the relationship with the Port of Tauranga and the respect Turirangi Te Kani held within the Tauranga community, a scholarship is offered within the area of the Tauranga Moana Trust Board, the Port of Tauranga is pleased to offer the Te Kani Memorial Scholarship Programme. Applicants will have tribal affiliation with Tauranga Iwi and will have been resident (but allowing for schooling or University study outside the area) within the Tauranga Moana Trust Board area for the last five years.
An Applicant for either of the above scholarships must be able to provide evidence of tribal affiliation with only Tauranga Iwi (either Ngāi Te Rangi, or Ngāti Ranganui, or Ngāti Pūkenga) and application eligibility requirements are outlined in the Application. An eligible application must include the completed Whakapapa Form showing the applicant’s primary line to show primary affiliations. The scholarship is $1,500 per year with recipients eligible for continued entitlement up to 3 years. This continued support is conditional on the recipient’s performance during the year and confirmation of plans to continue with the qualifying education in subsequent years. In the interests of fairness, any current recipient of one scholarship will be ineligible for the other scholarship.
Applications open in November 2022, close at midday on Monday 30 January 2023. Application and whakapapa forms are available from the Port of Tauranga’s website.
Ngāti Ranginui Iwi Fisheries Trust Education Grant 2023
We are pleased to announce that the Ngāti Ranginui Fisheries Trust Education Grants are now open for application. The overall aim of the Ngāti Ranginui Fisheries Trust Education Grants is to financially assist registered Ngāti Ranginui Iwi tertiary students in their academic endeavours.
The allocation will be decided by a panel of trustees of the Ngāti Ranginui Fisheries Trust and will be guided by our criteria which is outlined in our application form.
Return the completed Application Form to the Iwi office by the due date (prior to 4pm, Friday 5th May 2023).
For further information, please contact Kylie Heke on Ph 07 777 0410 or email email@example.com
Mauri Taiao Scholarship 2023
Tauranga Bridge Marina in partnership with Ngāti Ranginui are pleased to offer the Mauri Taiao scholarship programme.
Tauranga Bridge Marina and Ngāti Ranginui wish to invite applications from descendants of Ngāti Ranginui who will be undertaking tertiary study at a recognised tertiary institute.
Applications from students undertaking study in the environmental/marine science fields are encouraged. Applications for the Scholarship Programme must be on the prescribed form and are available on request.
Applicants can download an application form below.
If you require any information, please contact Kylie Heke on Ph o7 777 0410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This scholarship is now open and finishes Friday 5pm September 2023.
Māori Education Trust Scholarships
The Māori Education Trust 2022 Scholarship Programme is open and offers scholarships to Māori secondary school and tertiary students who meet the respective scholarship’s criteria.
The 2022 Tertiary Scholarship Programme is made up of the following scholarships:
- Frances Irwin Hunt Art Scholarship
- Māori Education Trust Bachelor of Dentistry Scholarship
- Māori Education Trust Undergraduate Scholarship
- Nicholas Irwin Hunt Writing Scholarship
- Norman Kirk Memorial Scholarship
- Regina Rudland Memorial Scholarship
- Rose Hellaby Bursaries Scholarship
- Roy Watling Mitchell Bursaries Scholarship
- Sir Apirana Ngata Memorial Scholarship
- Sister Annie Henry Scholarship
- Tī Maru Māori Trust Scholarship
- Whanake-HERA Scholarship
- Eric Hall McCormick Scholarship
- Māori Education Trust Postgraduate Scholarship
- Māori Education Trust Scholarship: Hapū or Iwi Development
- Māori Education Trust Scholarship: STEM
- Queen Elizabeth II Postgraduate Fellowship
- Rangiriri and Mātene Te Whiwhi Winiata Scholarship
- Rose Hellaby Postgraduate Scholarship
- Roy Watling Mitchell Prestigious Professions Scholarship
- Sir John Bennett memorial Postgraduate (Hons or MA) Scholarship
- Sir John Bennett Memorial PhD Scholarship
- Sister Annie Henry Scholarship
- Tī Maru Māori Trust Prestigious Scholarship
Applicants can download an application form from the Māori Education Trust website – www.maorieducation.org.nz, or by contacting the Māori Education Trust who can forward copies by email or post.
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 04 586 7971, text: 027 262 8046, or email: email@example.com.